We’re able to take bookings and we will be welcoming back some of our regular groups from September so please check with them for details. Unfortunately, it isn’t going to be viable to resume our cinema nights just yet but we hope to do so as soon as we can.
After carrying out a COVID-19 risk assessment in conjunction with guidance from Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE), we have implemented some control measures to comply with Government rules.
We would also like to thank Argos Bridgwater Distribution Centre for donating the hand sanitiser, cleaning fluid, bins and other equipment to help us become COVID-19 secure.
Here's a summary of what we’ve put in place to keep you safe:
Due to their small size, the Bar and Millennium Room are not available for use. Only the main hall will be in use to allow social distancing rules to be observed.
We can accommodate 30 people comfortably. Larger meetings may be possible, subject to current Government rules and the organisers taking additional steps to ensure social distancing. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
You are required to wear a face covering, unless you need to eat or drink something or have a health or disability reason to not wear one. We are unable to supply face coverings.
A one-way system is in place for entry to and exit from the hall. Hand sanitiser dispensers have been placed at the entrance and exit. Please observe the social distancing markers and signs when you enter the hall.
The one-way system must be followed to access the toilets. These are also restricted to one person at a time to allow social distancing.
As the kitchen forms part of the one-way system and to reduce the requirement for sanitising surfaces, equipment, crockery etc. the kitchen facilities are not available. Please bring your own refreshments, e.g. water bottles, flasks etc.
We do our best to clean surfaces between each booking, however the organisers of each activity should also wipe door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before people arrive. Anti-bacterial cleaner and cloths are provided for this. Used cloths should be disposed of in the bins provided and the bin bags taken away for disposal by the organisers of the activity.
Please help to keep your hall COVID secure
1. You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
2. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours of visiting these premises alert NHS Test and Trace. Alert the bookings secretary on 01823 698431 and alert the organiser of the activity you attended. You must get a COVID-19 antigen test.
3. Maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible: Wait behind the marked lines as you go through the entrance hall to your activity and observe the one-way system marked.
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering and leaving the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided in the toilets.
5. Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
6. “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bins provided. Then wash your hands.
7. Face coverings must be worn unless an exception applies for your activity.
8. Check the organisers of your activity have cleaned door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before you arrived. Keep them clean. We do our best to clean all surfaces at the hall between each hire.
9. Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
10. Keep the hall well ventilated. Close doors and windows on leaving.
11. Wash your clothes when you get home to reduce risk of transmission.